top of page
Teacher and Kids in Library


Everyone working in OSHC on a Department of Education and Child Development site is required to at least have a Department of Human Services Working with Children Check and Responding to Abuse and Neglect training from an approved provider. Please note that other forms of Police Checks are NOT accepted (this is different on non-DHS sites).

All the information required, including an online application form, is available from the Department of Human Services Screening website. Click the link on the right to view relevant information and apply. 



If you are applying for a job as a CSE 3.1 or above, you must also appropriate First Aid and CPR training. We would recommend booking a first aid course with course code HLTAID004, as this covers your requirements for first aid, CPR, and emergency asthma & anaphylaxis training.Happy Haven OSHC educators working at CSE 3.1 or above will also be required to obtain Emergency Asthma First Aid training, Emergency Anaphylaxis First Aid training, and Medication Management training.


Before booking any training, check it against ACECQA’s approved qualifications list to ensure you aren’t wasting time and money on training that can’t be used in OSHC. Just use the ‘Qualification Level’ field to limit your search and check the ‘Course Code’ against that of the training you are investigating. This will also include information about the qualification required to work as a CSE 3.1 or above.

bottom of page